Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

Happy New Year 2013! I hope everyone had a wonderful time last night celebrating and ushering the new year. As for me and my family, we had leftovers for dinner in the house. We didn’t want to go out as the streets will be too crowded plus finding a parking space in the City would be a real challenge. Besides that, my schoolmate, CS Yip was over at my place with his workmen doing some work. Since it was getting to dinner time, I suggested to Yip to get some takeaway food for his workmen.

We decided to take a short drive to The Mall which is a stone throwaway from our Condominium in Kuala Lumpur. As some of you who are staying in KL will know, The Mall will be closing down soon for massive renovation. Even though there were still retailers and shops operating in the Mall but the place was unusually quiet, especially on a New Year eve. We got some chicken rice for the workmen and made our way back to the Condominium. After Yip and his workmen left our place, Jennifer and I did some massive cleaning - mopping and sweeping the floor. By the time we finished, it was almost 10.30pm. All of us went to bed at 11.00pm. We heard the fireworks but were just too tired to wake up to have a peep. Turning back the clock, I remembered how excited I got whenever New Year eve comes around but as I grow older, it just became another day in my life. A positive day I might add as a lot was accomplished on 31st December 2012. Finally, I wish all of you a healthy, productive and a wonderful 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment