Friday 22 June 2012

Risk Management Workshop 2012 - "Communication: Connecting People"


I was amazed with this wonderful group of people!


Here is Betty, the lady with the big smile (far right)

Almost full house!

Kudos go to Mysahra Shawkat Ali 




I gave a talk on “Communication: Connecting People” which was one of the sessions in the Risk Management Workshop held at the Bar Council Auditorium on 21st June 2012. The workshop was very well attended, as a matter a fact, almost full capacity. The organisers mentioned that they have to turn down a number of people as they could not accomodate anymore due to logistic issues. The Risk Management Workshop was very well organised by Mysahra Shawkat Ali and her team.


Before my session started, I was pleasantly surprised when a fairly mature and pleasant lady participant walked up to me to introduce herself. She mentioned that she met me almost ten years ago and is a classmate of Jennifer’s aunty. She remembered meeting me and my family almost a decade ago. We had a nice chat, catching up with each other’s life. Her name is Betty and has been working with Tommy Thomas (a senior lawyer) for many years.


I enjoyed interacting with this group of wonderful participants. It is always a real joy to speak at a workshop where you can see so many smiling faces. I spoke about handling internal, external and electronic communications in the Company. I also shared with the participants some of the techniques that they can use to deal with challenging clients and also I went through a list of DOs and DON’Ts.


At the end of the workshop, a short video clip of my book launch was shown. Again, I was pleasantly surprised when a thunderous round of applause was given at the end of the video clip which also signalled the end my session. Mysahra, thank you for making it a memorable day for me! Let’s hope I get some good reviews from the participants!

2 comments:

  1. We would definitely like to have you again.
    Thank you, Seamus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I am still in KL then, I will definitely accept your invitation. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete