Sunday 14 October 2012

Gave a talk at the "Employment Law & HR Management Master Class", 9th Oct 2012

Me and Bernard Ong

Me and Stephanie (the usher)

One of the funny powerpoint slides


Last Tuesday, I gave a talk at a seminar called “Employment Law & HR Management Master Class”. It was held at Hotel Istana, Kuala Lumpur. I spoke on “The HR Function: Understanding Legal Obligations and Boundaries”, a topic which was picked by the organisers, Crown Leadership which is based in Singapore.

In return for giving the talk, Crown Leadership gave me a complimentary pass entitled me to invite a guest to attend the full two days seminar. I invited my old friend, Bernard Ong to attend. He told me he found the seminar useful and he learned a few new things plus he made a few friends as well. The size of the seminar was rather small - about 15 to 18 people. However, we have got a very active group, asking a lot of questions. In this particular seminar, I did not give any handouts. I gave a powerpoint presentation that contained only pictures - nothing else. I started the talk by telling a story which was related to employment issues. As I went along, I showed the slides. Some of the slides were pretty amusing which got the whole class laughing. I guess when you are giving a talk at 9.00am, it would be wise to tickle their funny bone, otherwise the class would be rather slow and quiet. All in all, it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment