Tuesday 19 June 2012

My first Anime Convention!





I attended my first anime convention at the Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC) in Kuala Lumpur recently. For those who are not familiar with anime, it literally means “animation” in Japanese. I was surprised to find that it has a very large (I mean real HUGE!) following in Malaysia. A number of fans literally dressed up in their favourite characters at the convention. Remember, in Mediation, we talked about “associating”’? Well, here you can see these people were literally “associating” themselves with the characters. As a matter a fact, many of them got that extra boost when people started taking photographs of them which a big grin and satisfaction for all their hard work!

In case you are wondering why did I attend the convention? Well, my children are big fans of Naruto and Pokemon. Therefore, being parents, my wife and I just tag along. We are learning something new everyday.



2 comments:

  1. You should have 'associated' with them by going there as one of the anime characters. Hehe.
    When was this convention? Still on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even without the costume, I looked like an anime character! It was held on the 9th and 10th June 2012. I think Nick would have enjoyed it!

      Delete