Sunday 29 April 2012

Book signing at KL Convention Centre

I attended my first autograph session (book signing) at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) on Wednesday, 25th April 2012. I was there from 3.00pm until 5.00pm. It was an amazing two hours of fame. It definitely made a lot of difference when you have written a book. People tend to pay more attention when you are talking to them and somehow they make you feel like a celebrity!

However, each time when my head began to swell with ego, I reminded myself that fame only last momentarily but true friends last forever. I met up with some old buddies in the KLCC. I had a good chat with Rachel Tan, Sumitra Penesar (both formerly from Bar Council) and Jonson Chong (a new accredited Mediator with MMC). It was great fun and a new experience for me.

I also learned a new phrase from one of the readers when he said to me, “Can you paint my book for me?” When translated, simply means “Can you sign my book for me?” I was also asked some personal questions such as “What inspired me to write the book?” and “What does it take to write a book?” Those were all valid questions and I welcomed them. It was a good day for me. Thank you, Thomson Reuters (Sweet & Maxwell) for publishing my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment