Monday 30 April 2012

Mediation briefing at IRD, Ministry of Human Resources


I was invited by the Industrial Relations Department (IRD), Ministry of Human Resources to brief the officers on Mediation. The briefing was held on 20th April 2012 and scheduled for an hour and a half followed by another thirty minutes for questions and answers.

I had a wonderful time spending the two hours with the officers from the IRD. I shared with them some  of the Mediation skills and techniques such as reframing, “mirror and match” and reading some simple body gestures. Due to time constraint, it was rather unfortunate that I couldn’t share with them more. There were a number of interesting questions asked about the skills and techniques in mediating. I shared with them a lot of stories which got the officers interested as they could relate the stories to how the techniques will work in real life. After the briefing, they served some rather good food as well. I had “roti jala”, potato curry, sweet coffee and honey melon. As a token of appreciation, Encik Sulaiman who is one of the directors in IRD presented me a plague on behalf of the Director General.

Good luck guys in carrying out your work as Reconciliation Officers. I hope you will be to apply some of the Mediation skills and techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment